Saturday, 9 August 2014

What to take to a Festival: A Preliminary List

I'm a huge huge music fan. Like massive! I even focused my degree on the live events and touring industry. It may come as a shock to some of you that I have actually never been to a music festival before. Y'know with the whole three day camping shindig.? Yeah, never been. Mostly it was down to the fact that the tickets were always too expensive for me, and that (coupled with a few other reasons) resulted in my absence. Now, at the ripe old age of 20 I'm venturing out to my first camping festival.

Photo from here
Since I've never been before, I have been scouring the internet in the search of lists of what to bring. Some obvious things, and some not so obvious that I may have died had I not brought. Something a little unique about my first festival experience is that I am actually working at it. So as well as getting free meals and a separate 'staff' campsite, I am also going by myself with no friends to share in the "I actually don't know how to put up a tent conversation". The festival I'm attending is Electric Picnic and I'll be there from the Thursday to the Sunday so I thought I'd make a preliminary list and you guys can come along and share your lists, experiences, tips and "for the love of god don't forget *insert item here*"

Hope you enjoy!

  • Tent - self explanatory. I've purchased a very small 2 man tent which I need to learn how to put up
  • Sleeping bag - for to sleep in
  • A yoga mat? - to place under my sleeping bag. Not sure if I really need this? (Do I?)
  • Various changes of clothes and socks (for every day, and extras in case they get wet)
  • Plastic bags - to put any dirty clothes in, sit on, and probably other things
  • Baby wipes / Makeup wipes - taking makeup off, cleaning hands, etc.
  • A raincoat - I don't have one yet, but really want a plain black one similar to this but not as expensive
  • A torch or small lantern
  • A portable phone charger - I'm looking at this one, but any recommendations would be great! (I have an iPhone 5)
  • Refillable water bottle
  • Money
  • SPF
  • Dry shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • Sunglasses
  • Toilet roll
  • ID
Please leave your lists of what to bring down below, and if I've missed anything!

4 comments:

  1. This seems like a pretty good list. I've never been to a festival either, because as my friends like to say, Im a bit of a princess, and I hate camping. I've done it before multiple times and I've got to a point where I just don't want to do it any more. Hope you have a great time though :D

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only really gone camping once before I think, so it's all a bit new to me!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a festival but I think I'm pretty much past it now.! I wish I had gone when I was younger and was able to drink all day and not need the next day in bed to recover!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too old! I don't even mind if I drink or not to be honest, just the atmosphere is great.

      Delete