|Photo from here|
Since I've never been before, I have been scouring the internet in the search of lists of what to bring. Some obvious things, and some not so obvious that I may have died had I not brought. Something a little unique about my first festival experience is that I am actually working at it. So as well as getting free meals and a separate 'staff' campsite, I am also going by myself with no friends to share in the "I actually don't know how to put up a tent conversation". The festival I'm attending is Electric Picnic and I'll be there from the Thursday to the Sunday so I thought I'd make a preliminary list and you guys can come along and share your lists, experiences, tips and "for the love of god don't forget *insert item here*"
Hope you enjoy!
- Tent - self explanatory. I've purchased a very small 2 man tent which I need to learn how to put up
- Sleeping bag - for to sleep in
- A yoga mat? - to place under my sleeping bag. Not sure if I really need this? (Do I?)
- Various changes of clothes and socks (for every day, and extras in case they get wet)
- Plastic bags - to put any dirty clothes in, sit on, and probably other things
- Baby wipes / Makeup wipes - taking makeup off, cleaning hands, etc.
- A raincoat - I don't have one yet, but really want a plain black one similar to this but not as expensive
- A torch or small lantern
- A portable phone charger - I'm looking at this one, but any recommendations would be great! (I have an iPhone 5)
- Refillable water bottle
- Dry shampoo
- Toilet roll
Please leave your lists of what to bring down below, and if I've missed anything!