Thursday, 17 July 2014

Pinterest: Bedroom Ideas and Scrapbooking

I'm just gonna put it out there, I never got into Pinterest. I know some people are obsessed with it, and on the face of things it seems like something I would really enjoy, but I just don't really. I guess it's kinda similar to Tumblr in the sense that you're collecting images and I love Tumblr. Pinterest... Not so much.

Something that Pinterest has on Tumblr is the fact that you can organise all your "reblogs" into categories, so I thought I would use it specifically for collecting ideas. If any of you read my Room Re-Vamp post you'll know that I'm trying to do something with my bedroom and I'm gonna be using Pinterest to collect any inspiring rooms I find. My room at the moment is really mismatchy and horrible and I'm really bad at coming up with ideas.


After spending about 10 minutes on the site, I've discovered so many cool organisation things. I may be messy, but I really do love it when things are organised so this is awesome for me. Plus most of the things are about utilising unused space that you wouldn't even think about, and reusing things for something other than their original purpose. Holy crap on a cracker I should not be excited about that. But I am.

I also wanna use it to collect ideas on making a scrapbook. I want something that looks fun, quirky and colourful, but something that I can be constantly adding to instead of running out of pages. At the moment all of my momentos are stuck to my walls or in a box so I wanna organise them more efficiently. I haven't actually even looked on Pinterest for this particular topic yet, so I'll see how it goes! (I just searched it.. and it at least exists.)

If you wanna find and follow me on there my profile is: http://www.pinterest.com/letitiaharriet/ And if you know of any profile I should be following (I don't even know if that is the right term for Pinterest) let me know in the comments. Also leave links to any articles or blog posts relating to the topics I've mentioned! Hope you're all doing well. :)


2 comments:

  1. I've recently become obsessed with Pinterest! Great post :)

    ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION AND STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to never really understand the obsession with Pinterest either, but I've started using it more and more now. It's easy to use and find inspiration!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete