Friday, 31 January 2014

January Haul


Topshop Skeleton dress
H&M Ribcage tank top
Bastiste Dry Shampoo 'Strength & Shine'


I figured I'd do a monthly haul instead of doing loads of separate ones for different shops and that. Some months I might only buy one thing, if anything! But this month I did pick up some things. Most were just repurchases, or bought because I had run out.

I also went to the Clarins counter in Boots and the woman gave me a skin consultation and some samples to try out. For reference, I have an oily nose, chin and a little bit in the centre of my forehead. My cheeks are mostly normal but with a little dehydration. I can't wait to try these out!


Clarins HydraQuench Lotion (Normal to Combination Skin)
Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil (Oily or Combination Skin)

Also a little update on my monthly wish list series! I know I know, I didn't get anything from it. BUT, with a semi-good reason. Basically, I was going to get the Real Techniques brushes but what with being a student and all that I couldn't really justify it. So then I decided to maybe go for the Revlon lipstick. As you might have seen from my favourites post (link here) I really love the 'Gothic Glam' Lipsticks from Collection and when I swatched the colour Revenge 3 next to Black Cherry from Revlon I realised they were basically the same. (I actually prefer the formula of the Collection one)

So instead of buying the Revlon one with was 3 times the price, I will be buying the Collection one. My Boots was out of stock of Revenge 3 so I'll be getting it next time they are in stock and update you guys on it. I refuse to believe my series has been a failure in the first month! =P

Revenge 3 (bottom)

Hope you enjoyed this post! :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love these! I bought some clothes from them today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collection have some fab bits! You should try seventeens doll’d up mascara one you finish this one! It is fab!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. :) I definitely will. <3

      Delete
  3. I love the collection concealer and powder! I find that powder lasts foreverrr! Whereas I use up the Rimmel Stay Matte so quickly! Great post - love from a new follower xox

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I need to find a powder that is really good and I've been looking forever. =P
      Thanks sweetie! <3

      Delete
  4. That skeleton black vest is so funky and I love Clarin's products! I know a lot of beauticians don't like it because of some of the ingredients but it has always made my skin feel great to be honest! Enjoy them and all your other new goodies!

    New follower xx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard alot of awesome stuff about the Collection concealer but I love my current ones, however I do need a powder. How is this one? Worth it?

    Best wishes, Danielle.
    http://www.underlandtowonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly both products are so cheap you can't really go wrong! :3 Give 'em a try!

      Delete